Each year, all students are invited to participate in two studio performances — one in the Spring and the annual Nutcracker performance each holiday season. All students are encouraged, but not required, to perform in our semi-annual recitals.
Saturday, APRIL 28, 2018 at 3:00pm
Mercy High School
Theater doors open for audience at 2:30pm
School doors will remained locked until – TBA
Tickets required for 3 years and up.
Ticket Cost is $20.00 in advance, $25.00 at the door.
No reserved seating available.
Mercy High School, The Harry and Jeanette Weinberg Auditorium
1300 E. Northern Parkway, Baltimore, MD 21239
Drive is approximately 45 minutes. Get directions Here.
Information for Performers
Check at the studio for the latest performance information and performer terms and conditions.
Performance Day, Please Arrive:
- Tap, Jazz, Modern & Ballet Levels Pre Primary – Level 3
- 45 minutes prior to the performance
- Levels 4 & 5
- 1 hr. before show time
- 1 hr. before show time
Friday, April 27, 2018 at 6:30pm (Mandatory) at Mercy High School
School doors open at 5:45pm.
This will be our ONLY rehearsal at the theatre. ALL other rehearsals will be held at the studio.
Dress Rehearsal is MANDATORY!!!! Any student not at the theatre at the time rehearsal begins, will not be allowed to perform on the performance dates. There are no exceptions to this so please, plan to allow ample time for rush hour traffic, locating the parking lot and theatre. Yes, we are well aware this is late for young children and we will make every effort to begin on time, rehearse with the young ones first and dismiss them first whenever possible.
Studio Rehearsal Schedule
Rehearsals begin: The week of March 5, 2018
No rehearsals: April 4, 6, and 7, 2018
Wednesdays – March 14 – April 25, 2018
No rehearsals April 4, 2018
- Squires & Stepsisters 8:00-8:30pm
Fridays – March 9 – April 20, 2018
No rehearsals April 6, 2018
- Cinderella – Friday – 4:30 – 5:30pm
- Godmother – Friday 4:30-5:30pm
- Pre Primary – Friday 5:30-5:45pm
Nutcracker Costume, Ball Guests $45.00 if new costume needed
- Primary – Friday 5:45-6:00pm
Nutcracker Costumes, Ball Guests $45.00 if new costume needed
- Level 1 – Friday 6:00-6:20pm
Nutcracker Costumes, Fairies $55.00 if new costume needed
- Level 2 – Friday 6:20-6:45pm
Nutcracker Costumes, Party Guests $55.00 if new costume needed
- Level 3 – Friday 6:45-7:15pm
Nutcracker Costumes, Fairies $60.00 if new costume needed
- Stepsisters – Friday 7:15-8:00pm
Saturdays, March 10 – April 21, 2018
No rehearsals April 7, 2018
- Jester, Seasonal Fairies – 11:00 – 12:30pm
- Levels 5 -12:30 – 1:30pm
Fairies, New Costume $60.00
- Levels 4 & 5 – 1:30 – 2:30pm
Nutcracker Costumes, Party (Nutcracker Flowers Costume – $60.00)
- Cinderella & Prince
Fees & Costume Information
Performance Fee: $30.00
*No late orders will be accepted*
There are no refunds on costume orders (All costumes are made to order)
Some costumes ordered may not be available. If this should happen, we will make every effort to find a costume comparable in style and price.
- Fill out costume order form with student’s name & class level (PDF).
- Some costumes ordered may not be available for purchase. If this should happen, we will make every effort to find a costumes comparable in style.
- Measure student’s waist, hips and girth, (the girth is the measurement circling the torso, begin with tape measure on the top of the shoulder, down the front of the body, through the crotch, and up the back to the same shoulder making a full circle). Allow for some growth in all of these measurements.
- Find the size chart for each class’s costume. This is important since not all costumes are ordered from the same costume companies. If student is close to the next size, be sure to order larger. Order large enough to wear in the spring show. Don’t forget to sign the costume form! No costume orders will be placed unless signed.
Performance Terms and Conditions
- All dancers must be registered, attending session 1, and attending classes regularly.
- Students may miss no more than TWO studio rehearsals. This will be enforced! If you know that you will be missing two rehearsals due to other commitments, consider skipping this show since you may need to miss more days due to illness.
- Dress rehearsal is mandatory and all performers must attend on time and prepared in full costume including accessories, hair preparations and dancing shoes.
- All dancers must remain at the theatre at dress rehearsal until dismissed by the director. Yes, we are well aware of the late hour of the rehearsal and every effort will be made to run the rehearsal on time and excuse the students as quickly as possible. Younger students will rehearse first and be dismissed first.
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the theatre. This is the theatre’s rule, not ours. Please, don’t jeopardize our future at Mercy High School.
- Backstage crowding can be a fire hazard. No parents, friends or relatives will be allowed backstage during a rehearsal or performance unless they are volunteers wearing official backstage passes.
- All performers will remain quietly in dressing rooms prior to and following their performance.
- Performers must arrive backstage on the day of the performance on time. It takes time to check students in, offer help with costume, make-up, hair, shoes, and locate their appropriate group. Arriving late can distract volunteers or interrupt the director or instructors from their own preparations. Please consider leaving home 15 minutes earlier than you normally would.
- We will be charging a performance fee. This is to help offset the increase in theatre fees without increasing ticket prices. All instructors will continue to volunteer their time, without pay, to choreograph and rehearse with you children
Performers unable to follow these terms will forfeit all performance rights and any costume or ticket expenses.